If you recently switched to Windows from Mac OS, you might be having few trouble settling in. Both operating systems have some significant differences in all areas of computing. But the worst part is not getting comfortable in new OS but in the actual transition phase. And in that phase, includes the daunting process of moving your data across email clients.
Today, we are talking about one particular job that users face when they switch from Mac to Windows. It relates to transferring your emails from Mac Mail (default and built-in email client for Mac OS X users) to Outlook client for Windows from Microsoft.
No matter how many emails you have in Mac Mail, the task of getting all of them into your Outlook can feel massive and threatening, especially to basic users or beginners.
Here are few techniques you can get this through with:
1. Add a new, dummy email account to Mac Mail, and sync the local data in Mac Mail to that email account servers. Add the same account to Windows Outlook and then sync the data from the servers to the local Outlook database. This is not particularly about converting Mac Mail to PST file as no file is involved, but the result is the same.
2. You can drag the folders from Mac Mail and drop them to your Mac desktop. This converts the folders into .MBOX extension. You can then employ a third-party file MBOX to PST converter, where PST is the file format used by Outlook to import data.
3. You can convert the entire “Mail” database folder directly to PST, instead of using MBOX to PST converter. This approach is similar to the 2 nd one, however, with this method, you don’t need to have MBOX files.
Often, users would try to go with the first method. It doesn’t require installing any third-party installation on their computers. It is manual and thus free. But if you can’t notice the process in enough detail, here’s what you should know: it requires a high internet connection to sync the data (twice), it requires an email service that allows storing data with the size equal to what you have to migrate to Outlook, it is slow, tedious, and often doesn’t move emails with their integrity preserved.
Naturally, the manual approach is not something you should choose to go with if you value the important details on your emails (like images, headers, metadata, attachments, etc), or if you value your time.
The second approach requires a third-party converter to convert MBOX to PST files. But to actually drag and drop folders into Mac desktop to convert them to MBOX files in the first place is time-consuming. You have to drag each folder individually. For users with massive databases, it can get virtually impossible to do so.
This brings us to the third technique of getting your data from Mac Mail to Outlook by converting the ‘Mail” directory into PST files directly. And fortunately, there are tools that could let you do that with efficiency and accuracy you desire.
One of the best Apple Mail to PST converters is “Mail Passport Pro” from Gladwev Software. It has a simple UI, advanced algorithms, and a tech support that could make it a breeze to transfer your email data across the email clients in question.
The tool allows you to simply load the entire “Mail” folder where Mac Mail stores all your contents. You don’t need to manually do anything else, like archive data into MBOX or other similar files. Just go to ~/Library/Mail and copy the folder to some external hard drive and bring it into your Windows PC. Launch “Mail Passport Pro” and load it up.
This is much simpler than any other methods you can find on the internet.
Not only is it simpler, it also results in far more precise data conversion, since the manual steps are almost zero. And the tool runs its dedicated and progressive data extraction logic to get each and every complex item from the database, including non-English characters and metadata. It also supports mapping the entire folder hierarchy correctly to PST files.
So basically, without putting too many efforts, you can simply get the data moved back to Outlook while also keeping the integrity and the original architecture intact.
This makes “Mail Passport Pro” a perfect solution to convert Mac Mail to PST for both beginners and even IT professionals who need to convert enormous number of emails in quick time.
Download the free trial setup of “Mail Passport Pro” to give it a shot now!
The tech support of Gladwev Software, the company who developed the utility, will help you answer your queries or to resvolve any problem you might be facing before or during data conversion.
- Free MBOX to Outlook Converter – Find Out What All Challenges You Could Face & What to Do About Them!
- Convert Outlook for Mac to PST
- How OLM to PST Converter Tool Easily Migrate your Mail Database ?
- OLM to PST Converter Tool as your own Email Converter
- OLM to PST Converter Pro vs Ultimate Compare License and Pricing
- Import Outlook for Mac to PST
- OLM to windows to PST Conversion
- Converting OLM files to PST is Easy
- Converting OLM files in PST format